Membership meetings – Wednesday September 20th
As promised, here are the details of our membership meetings this week:
Wednesday September 20th, Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, 430 Ouellette Avenue
Separate meetings will be held at 10:00 am, 2:00 pm, 6:00 pm and 8:30 pm.
- Review last week’s mediation meeting with Freedom
- Review the company's unchanged package and your union’s position on the important issues in dispute (wages, vacation rights and recognition of seniority).
- Provide detailed information on USW support in the event of a lockout, including:
- Enhanced lockout pay & benefit coverage (non-taxable), including completion of forms to ensure that we have your roper information in order to ensure you receive your enhanced lockout pay.
- Support from Steelworkers and other union activists across the country.
- And other campaign actions to support bargaining toward a fair settlement.
- Election of tellers for ballot counting (if you wish to be a candidate for the tellers’ election, simply email email@example.com by 6 pm Tuesday Sept 19th)
- Details on how balloting will be conducted. (Your bargaining committee’s position remains the same and will be recommending a No vote.)
Bryan Adamczyk (USW Staff Rep), Jenn Bucholtz, John Hockley (USW National Local Union 1944 Reps), Jasen Gannon, Christian Poisson, Tanya Travis Dunn (elected committee members)
Questions or comments? Contact your committee members or email firstname.lastname@example.org